PLS 1.32% $3.06 pilbara minerals limited

Who's selling?, page-140

1. 2,381 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2837
    Good spotting Fred. This is the precursor to a significant change that is starting to build up momentum and within a few years will change energy provision from being totally reliant on the electricity grid. Yesterday it was the announcement about Origin linking up with Tesla and in the months ahead most Australian energy retailers will need a product offering simply to be able to compete or face market loss.

I think it is fair to say that we are all concerned about both global warming and the ever increasing cost of power. This kind of battery technology will be available and commercially viable to many households within a few years and goodness knows what the take up rate will be within 10 years. Enormous!!

It doesn't take a lot of grey matter to draw a line connecting the dots from the expansion in lithium iron batteries to being able forecast a very, very favourable impact on the second biggest hard rock spodumene deposit in the world ....does it?

On a side note I came across an analyst report on the previous owner of Mt Marion and used the valuations to speculate what PLS would be worth if I used the same valuations. It was pretty rough so I wont publish it as it might be way out but it was very easy to see how we could get a billion dollar company valuation out of 45 M tons of reserve @ 1.35% Li2O that was economically viable to mine. I made no allowance for Tantalum credits which will be significant in sections of the mine. Given we are hoping for in excess of 100m tonnes by mid 2016. I am hoping my calcs are very conservative.

Chrs w2

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PLS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.06
Change
0.040(1.32%)
Mkt cap ! $9.210B
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.04 $3.12 $3.02 $47.88M 15.58M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
18 321604 $3.06

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.07 269930 12
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PLS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.