VIL 0.00% 1.6¢ verus investments limited

why 3 million volume sellers at 18 cents ?, page-10

1. 141 Posts.
    I think with regard to Commsec the restriction of the sell orders was part of the ASX approving the STP system that myself and a number of people worked on back in 2002 or 3. I definately know it was a vetting rule that was tested. In essence the ASX was scared of Commsec with STP and then even more so of allowing stock shorting facilities. When I used to run the numbers (2002) Commsec was ~ 10% of the txns going through the ASX, but volume was not in the ball park of the major houses. These days after taking over TD waterhouse and a few other minors they would account for possibly 20% of all txns on the market (please don't confuse that with volume though).

Anyway after doing a science degree then getting into the markets by being a phone jock for a year I can sympathise with the guys on the other end coping the spray also.

Back to the market...I think this run is thanks to traders coming back to punt on the results of FP. It will be nice to get some good numbers out of this well to hopefully take this on a more sustained run...IMO though I think we will see a CR or debt facility pop up in the next 6 weeks (I said 2 months about 2 weeks ago so just trying to be consistant!:).

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add VIL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.