APT 0.00% $66.47 afterpay limited

what are you even doing here? you clearly don't like the...

1. 1,012 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 201
    what are you even doing here? you clearly don't like the company. with all due respect the market doesn't play the same tune as it did a few years ago let alone 40. look at Amazon, Tesla, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram (acquires by Facebook for a billion when it had 13 employees) Uber, Xero...... all had astronomical values when simply comparing the net profit/loss and dividend payments. the market has moved from tangible assets to intangible of balance sheet value. the world is now driven by data. look at Warren Buffet & BH they haven't bought a single stock in the Covid meltdown because there opinion is there nothing of value which is true when you apply the same techniques as you did when he first started, the company owns nothing to do with the tech sector except for dipping their toes in Apple. warren buffet himself even admits not buying into amazon was a major mistake. how does all this apply to APT you might wonder? well look at what they are doing? they have essentially created a online shopping center, creating massive exposure for small business connecting them to a wider customer base. personally I've seen shops on the Afterpay app that I've never even heard of before. combined with the fact that they are collecting a gold mine in consumer spending data, which in turn is funnelled back into the credit model but could be used for other purposes. they could potentially sell a performance report to each retailer to show they how the performaning agasnt other retailers of similar size and type. they could also use the app for more targeted advertising based on your spending patterns. the possibility is endless really.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add APT (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.