MSB 4.07% $1.15 mesoblast limited

On the hop JB … The recommendation for a randomised control was...

1. 1,251 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 713
    On the hop JB …

The recommendation for a randomised control was first made during the rolling BLA. See the ODAC briefing notes:

“FDA recommended a new randomized trial of remestemcel-L versus standard of care for treatment of steroid-refractory acute GvHD, indicating that such a study would likely be feasible in the adult population. A randomized, controlled study in the adult population could potentially also confirm clinical benefit in the pediatric population, depending on the results.’

This recommendation was then repeated in CRL1.

All FDA regulated trials are controlled. The reason the FDA want a randomised controlled trial is simple. A positive rct provides confirmatory evidence that the new “optimised” product is indeed improved and therefore the half a dozen prior failed randomised controlled trials disappear.

The FDAs position for five years has been that the next step is a randomised controlled trial. Perhaps an unfortunate consequence of the 9:1 vote was that it caused SI to think approval for children was possible not only without having to first to do an rct but without having to do any further trial at all.

Anyway, its off to the salt mine for me.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MSB (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.15
Change
0.045(4.07%)
Mkt cap ! $1.313B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.08 $1.16 $1.08 $4.681M 4.170M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 99680 $1.15

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.16 31000 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 19/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MSB (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.