BTA 0.00% 57.0¢ biota holdings limited

why a yes vote is the logical vote

1. 3,045 Posts.
    Biota management have performed well over the past five years. Very well in fact.

Not only have they progressed te pipeline, they have managed to secure non dilutive BARDA funding. Inavir is in market, vapendavir has passed phase IIb, acquisition has led to expanded pipe, balance sheet is healthy, and they have recognized and acted on the fact that the ASX does NOT value biotechs appropriately.

A vote "for" recognizes the performance, and is the logical next step to maximize shareholder wealth. I don't mind rewarding good performance by issue of options, cash or other incentives.

Investors will look back in time and see this period of stock weakness as an unparalleled buying opportunity into a robust, mature pipeline biotechnology stock. Gilead, CSL and MSB are a few of many examples of how much upside can be realized from the healthcare sector.

From a macro level stockpilers are still very much on edge after SARS, h5n1 bird flu, 2009 h1n1 swine pandemic and now the potential pandemic virus h3n2v swine flu.

I have voted FOR the merger, and I see it the only logical vote to maximize shareholder wealth. Any other vote is a vote for an inefficient market.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BTA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.