ALC 9.72% 7.9¢ alcidion group limited

Why Alcidion's Tech Works and What it Means, page-5

1. 1,175 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 14
    So I haven't followed Amalga recently, aside from the fact that it (Amalga UIS - Unified Intelligence System, i.e. the centralised patient database and hospitals talking to each other) got integrated with Caradigm, which Microsoft sold its interest in to GE. GE seem to be mucking around with it too - they have sold off a few aspects of Caradigm.

Amalga HIS (the Hospital Information System, which managed EHR) was the more comparable bit of the software to Miya. Microsoft shut it down given the competition in their arm of the space (Epic was mentioned) and the fact that their few customers were in South East Asia, which wasn't practical to manage from Redmond.

Interestingly enough, the Amalga HIS assets were sold off to Orion Health - small world.

I feel as though Miya is in a very niche bit of the market as it offers flexibility, which none of these other platforms did. The ability for it to interact with other EMR systems is what makes it so special, so it can sit on top of existing infrastructure so it doesn't necessarily compete with Epic all the way.

Regarding AI/Machine Learning in the space... it's definitely in the works but still a relatively new space. Epic are dabbling in it: http://www.healthcareitnews.com/news/epic-partners-mmodal-ai-improve-ehr-workflow

Definitely something that we'll see a lot of development in in the coming years.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ALC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
7.9¢
Change
0.007(9.72%)
Mkt cap ! $106.0M
Open High Low Value Volume
7.6¢ 7.9¢ 7.4¢ $110.4K 1.463M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 72983 7.6¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
7.9¢ 91409 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 16/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ALC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.