Why Alex Hawke is a political idiot

1. Osi
    15,850 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 201
    I don't agree with Jacqui Lambie on a lot of issues but I agree with her on the Djokovic visa application and subsequent entry permit issues.

I don't agree with Djokovic's claims either BUT when a Federal judge made a determination it was then time to just accept that determination and move on. Ministers should only override such judicial decisions in extremely rare circumstances and this is not one of them.

COVID has also moved on and as Scomo says, what may have been a good strategy a few weeks ago may no longer be relevant. Everyone is getting exposed to COVID now so last month's rules aren't completely relevant.

Regardless of what determination Hawke now makes, he's painted Australia as a global CLOWN. Hawke's idiocy places the Future of the Australian Open AT RISK!!! Other countries are actively competing for a tennis Grand Slam hosting opportunity.

Is Hawke working for the ALP? The answer is no but he may as well be. From a voter's perspective Hawke brings into clear focus the inability of Government to make timely decisions and to "think ahead" on issues relating to COVID.

Last edited by Osi: 14/01/22

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.