ALK 3.77% 55.0¢ alkane resources limited

Why ALK has been flagged for me, page-10

1. 1,239 Posts.
    I finally succumbed and headed over to the NTU board in order to find out why LTL is so persistent in his down-ramping of Alk (and other REE cos). It's pretty obvious, now: He is pumping NTU (which looks to be down to a million or two in cash and - from the outside - desperate to get refinanced) mostly with the argument that they will be the first and only Dy+Te source outside of China, producing (so they say) by end of 2016. If their financing depends on maintaining that impression, then an Alkane plant producing serious amounts of Dy+Te by end of 2016/early 2017 might spell death for his holdings ...
    That's all the more true as NTU
    - just got the preliminary environmental permit which we got (IIRC) ~12 months ago
    - is still waiting for its DFS (which Alk did years ago and is now waiting for the BFS to be completed)
    - recently declared they won't produce an REE-oxide but a REE-carbonate as their base product (who outside China is going to buy and treat that, I wonder?)
    - and still needs to do lot of stuff without a gold mine at its back that provides 40-50mio annual cash flow ...

LTL's mistake is that he seems to think that the current SP of Alk has an influence of Alk being able to finance the DZP, so down-ramping Alk would seem to be a way of "helping" NTU. Meh.

P.S. Hope he will short us and be squeeeeeeeezed ...

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ALK (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
55.0¢
Change
0.020(3.77%)
Mkt cap ! $331.9M
Open High Low Value Volume
53.5¢ 55.5¢ 53.5¢ $668.4K 1.220M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
7 100906 55.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
55.5¢ 117919 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ALK (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.