Thanks for that article Rogue Trader, & appreciate the...

1. 484 Posts.
    Thanks for that article Rogue Trader, & appreciate the perspectives from HC posters.
    Im learning from the sidelines and having been in the midst of it, that sentiment/mindsets is a waste of energy.

Want to add to the mix & share about a 4 part documentary series on India that commenced on Friday night 730pm SBS2. Entitled
    " India Reborn...Myth & Might."

Will China & countries like Korea's GDP be enough to keep up this commodities strength, I have no idea.

A few facts about India I remember ( from part 1 of the doco last night)
    1.Only 8% of the population carry their wealth
    2. Only 1% of their budget goes to healthcare ( INHUMANE)
    3. A true democracy will take the whole population along with its prosperity.
    4 Money coming into India is from multinationals moving in ( polluting rivers etc)
    5. Hindus and Moslems have big discontent/ annimosities.
    6 There is alot of corruption and poverty is massive.
    7 Is still a " class oriented" society with racial predjudices.Grumbles of civil unrest with the lower casts wanting land to be given back to them so they can begin to scratch out a living. Some activity of guerilla groupings.
    8. Highly religious, hundreds of gods for everything. .

Overall a real clashing of contrasts in an old deeply ingrained, religious society. This current economic prosperity is a new phenomenon to India and they are finding their way.

My wondering is with Europe and the US in so much debt, these multinationals in India needs the western world to buy their goods ...or.....will there be enough domestic driven demand from China, Korea, Vietnaam.?????
    From people I know at Karratha its all systems go at Port Headland.

I tend to think deflation is kicking in and a double dip recession is a rare event...governments in the US and EU will do what they can so it wont happen...inflation (printing money to offset deflation)I think will take 3-5 years for its effect to kick in to offset deflation.

Anyways,the doco is a good insight to India
    otherwise the markets is just a case of nixed muts to me.
    Mrs Sub.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.