AVM 0.00% 2.2¢ advance metals limited

why are my avm posts being deleted ??, page-69

1. 7,163 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    re: thoughts on avm/mnut Lets not talk about BT lying ,without commenting on the ,lets say "inaccuracies " that the journalists conjured up, to paint the "horrific deeds done by Anvil "
    The story would not have been so sensational if we were more accurately told ,that Anvil has just been treading water financially for the past few years ,and if not for the copper price ,would be a lot closer to being broke than anything else .
    The inference was that they are raping and pillaging the riches from the congolese .The fact is the mine is generating a lot of money ,but most of it is ending up in the workers pockets , transport contractors pockets , for fuel ,for smelting ,schools and local projects ,and probably many other things ,that are being ploughed into the congolese economy . No money has been taken out of the country ,actually more money is being ploughed in ,to start other projects .
    What about the inference that BT only decided to build a school ,etc , as a pacifier after these unsavoury incidents . 10 % of profits are put aside for the local community and has been since day one .I asked BT personally about this years ago and his response was one of genuine warmth towards the local people and that he was priveleged to be able to help , through building comminity projects .
    Tax free holidays and incentives are quite common , not just in the congo, when building large projects , even in Australia .( aluminium smelters subsidised power ,for example ).
    Now , If my own government or military asked for the use of my car or truck to quell an uprising in Canberra I would consider it to be my patriotic duty .
    Who wouldnt ? What would you have done in the same situation , WITHOUT THE HINDSIGHT ? The way the soldiers conduct themselves while carrying this operation out is a matter for the authorities responsible for them .This is the military we are talking about here , not Dirty Harry borrowing BT's trucks , unfortunately it appears that some of these individuals did not conduct themselves according to western standards , but by congo standards is probably closer to the norm than anything .
    The congo has been notorious for mass murders on a scale thet is almost incomprehendable . We are talking about thousands in one slaughter . It has been lawless for many years ,and is only recently that things have begun to change for this country . Part of this change requires investment for jobs ,because without jobs ,the stealing looting and killing cant change .Anvil IS being a catalyst for this change .It is critical that the government protects these interests at all costs , purely for the sake of stability and also the economy of the country , and anyone with half a brain could see this .Without stability and jobs Congo will stay a wasteland of destruction .This is why the strong reaction to this uprising
    Finally there is absolutely no evidence (just inferences and theories ) , put forward ,of any wrongdoing on the part of Anvil management or employees ,and the journalist looks to me to be walking a fine line legally . D*famation ?
    Its the guts of people like BT to go to these places and try to make real, positive change to peoples lives ,that should be applauded .We are sitting in our cosy little homes insulated from all this and it is easy to be critical . I am sure BT feels like he has been kicked in the teeth , and will be wondering ,is it all worth it .
    BT has done more for the people of the Congo than that journo . Just ask the 600 people that depend on his mine .

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVM (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.