HCH 1.55% 95.5¢ hot chili limited

Why are shareholders still waiting on 5900m Assay Results to be provided in "Coming Weeks" - Ann: 16 June ???, page-165

1. 5,666 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1742
    Little guys like us who aren't in the big swinging dicks club have three choices at any time; buy, hold or sell. By all means, make your argument and if you think it got lost the first time, make it again. But, it's not pleasant watching a head bashing hysteria being whipped up.

Lots of us who have been holding for a while now have been trading around the margins. I've been going overlong in the twos and threes and shortening my positions in the fours and fives. I went through all my trades this morning because I didn't believe that my average unit cost is sitting at 2.5c per share. Buy, hold or sell. That is the only decision you can make.

I enjoy the fun and banter we have on the HCH board, and I understand that it can be good for people let of steam (as I have done in the past). I understand that you are having a vent at management. When a poster or posters keep ranting on a point again and again, an observer might start to wonder if the ongoing pain hasn't become self inflicted.

I watched that recent interview with Barry Fitzgerald last night and Christian Easterday looked tired. If you are buying or holding, you are buying into the Christian Easterday and Murray Black show. That's that. We seem to have a very good geo modelling the deposits in Steve Garwin (no that I would know) and I like that we have someone reworking the economics of Productora (potential for high grade exploitation early rather than bulk tonnage) in the context of the overall combined resource. I don't know much about exploration or mining but the overall strategy seems good even though we can't sometimes fathom where an why specific drill holes are going.

Management tend to give vague information and engage in hyperbole that sets expectations that they fail to meet in terms of news flow. At least CE is consistent in his disappointment regarding news flow.

I have a prediction to share. Over coming months, whenever the share price comes into weakness, people are going to question whether Glencore are acting in shareholders interests. How are we to know they will? Us little guys, we usually end up with the bit of the cake that has less icing on it because the big boys get first dibs. That's the game.

What I do know, is that when I bought into HCH Taurus had a board member and a substantial holding. Now they have neither. Instead we have Glencore on the board and their technical team advising. I reckon we are in a better place, even though we are diluted.

I recall watching an interview with CE where he stated that at the beginning, which was a whole commodity cycle ago, his hope was to put together a 500mt resource with a share base of 500 million SOI. We are now going to be 5 billion shares on issue fully diluted but we are heading for a 1b tonne resource that is economic! Christian didn't want that dilution but the project survived through the bottom of the cycle and out the other end. The reality is, when an explorer is desperate enough to raise money through convertible notes, it sets its future capital structure down a certain pathway.

Here's another observation. Somewhere else on this board I suggested recently that the price of copper might be week over coming months. I don't know really but there is a head and shoulders pattern forming on the chart. All commodities go through inventory cycles even when they are in a secular bull market.

Buy, hold or sell? I'm holding because I am overweight in HCH, but my sentiment is buy.

Now I am going to follow my advice and head outside for the rest of the arvo.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add HCH (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
95.5¢
Change
-0.015(1.55%)
Mkt cap ! $144.5M
Open High Low Value Volume
97.5¢ 97.5¢ 95.0¢ $66.59K 69.25K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
8 10791 95.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
96.0¢ 10858 6
View Market Depth
Last trade - 14.04pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
HCH (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.