GXY 0.00% $5.28 galaxy resources limited

In case you didn’t know, the shorting activity isn’t a side bet...

1. 13,795 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 8399
    In case you didn’t know, the shorting activity isn’t a side bet on the share price dropping, it actually causes it to drop.
    Therefore, with enough borrowed shares, they (or you or I) could also be “correct” by seeing the price drop with shorting activity.
    There is a minor issue though, in that those shorted shares need to be closed at some point.
    They may look “smart” for now, but it is not sustainable activity. 60 million Pre-sold shares for a price yet to be determined.
    Personally, I hope we get a T/O offer (and it is rejected), just to see a trading halt, massive gap up and a shorter bbq. A bit of their own medicine. Check out the action over at BAL with regards to the short levels and share price. BBQ.

There are many theories around the high short levels here, and most seem to think that the reason there is a high short level is not simply because the “shorters are experts who think the price will drop” or that there are “problems that they have identified”.

It seems to me that they are more interested in financial engineering, and the actual business and its activities don’t mean squat, it’s just another 3-letter ticker to play with for a while.

You seem to ignore our main asset SDV. Mt Cattlin is basically keeping the ball rolling until we can produce from our flagship project. Current prices, costs etc mean very little in the context of the next 20 years. If we can survive this current rut (I believe we can, with our cash position, no debt and Mt Cattlin supporting itself), then it’s all about multiple producing assets and 100ktpa+ in the boom times that will be Li 3.0

There is a bbq coming. Not sure when it will be, but there are 60 million compulsory invitees.
    Tasty.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GXY (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.