I won scholarships so they helped some, but the closest to...

1. 11,588 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 735
    I won scholarships so they helped some, but the closest to insightful teachers I got at the time was being given books to read while I waited along with the decision to award me all of the scholarships on offer which were few back then. The irony is I had to do very little scholarship.

Yes, eventually no doubt victims of the system like me were noticed and some teachers agitated for this to change. But such change occurred after I was long gone.

This does not mean that I don't feel for the slow and in particular very slow that hold everyone else up, but it takes a range of people, in all things, to make a society. Who knows those same people may save your life one day with the skills they bring to the table or something intrinsic about them.

Sometimes tutoring someone struggling is the wrong thing to do. An example being Shane Warne. He wanted to be an AFL footballer and tried for some time. The person who actually helped him become great suggested his talents lay elsewhere and not there. I am sure that person copped some flack at the time..... No one is hated more than the truth teller.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.