yeah well my class at high school had NZs top student and the...

1. 18,323 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 325
    yeah well my class at high school had NZs top student and the next down. Utterly brilliant and smarter than anyone I have ever known since. He didn’t work that hard but neither of these two bots were smart arses either. They were funny and self effacing but not antisocial. Acceleration is not always a good thing. I was two years younger than almost everyone else in my class and during puberty/adolescence that happens to matter a lot. Maybe it doesn’t matter for a boy but it sure does for a girl.

As an adult however I think that intellect is somewhat irrelevant and particularly so if you make a fuss of it. You can be smart on some things and not others. Intellectual arrogance is that - arrogance. My view is life is about what you can do for others more than what they can do for you - and realising that kindness counts. The additional learning for me was that being kind didn’t mean putting up with rubbish.

so I’d just suggest if you are older than I and not exposed to sone of the educational opportunities I got then it’s probably time to get over it It really doesn’t matter.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.