Why are there so many sad ex pats posting on HC?, page-15

1. 82,836 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    you have an idea which is badly incorrect ------------ many have the same idea

Paris is not France.

if one cuts out Paris and Marseilles etc. one finds the real france

France is made up of thousands of villages and towns. One needs to get out to see it.

If there's a blight for France - it's tourists.

Not in Paris - people have given up on Paris. Both locals who want to get out and tourists who are constantly disappointed.

But tourists are a blight on some of the most spectacular sights on the planet (which are hidden away in France). Some of them are like busy bee hives in tourist season.

Fortunately there are so many jaw droppingly beautiful places in France that one doesn't have to go far at all to be awed.

Any drive out of almost any town in a car has one looking out the window taking deep breaths at the sheer beauty and harmony of the countryside. And that's just 'normal'. Get off the freeways, go country.

Stopping for morning tea, picking up something from local bakeries or similar or stopping for lunch in local bars or restaurants is sheer delight - and there's 10's of thousands of them.

I'm glad that you have the wrong ideas ------- go to Bali, I'd be happy with that for you. It's far enough away from me

and if any of your boofhead mates do come to France - please tell em to stay in Paris, they'll love it. (just stay out of 'my france')

''The feeling of being disappointed by Paris is so common it has a name: 'Paris Syndrome'. ''

https://www.abc.net.au/listen/progr...ality-disappointment-paris-syndrome/102855240

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.