Why are there so many sad ex pats posting on HC?, page-4

1. 81,514 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    wouldn't you dear

so, you're telling me that you're bored in Oz eh? That's the logical conclusion. (surely I don't have to detail out what you mean there, it's elementary understanding).

like I said many times friend. Many people in Oz are living beige lives in beige rooms in beige houses in beige cities.

I keep up with that in a variety of ways. I use HC for a number of reasons, it keeps me grounded being one. I keep up with the aussie culture, that's for sure, a certain section of it. And it sure keeps me in perspective for over here.

It's now before 5 am here, I was up at about 4.30, most of the French won't be up for hours yet. I get plenty of time to myself in a wonderful country. I am also in a very central place, which makes it dead easy to explore multiple other countries.

I watch the people in those countries as well as watching my fellow Ozzies, it's a wonderful experience.

I guess it'd be interesting to see what people like you would be doing in France that you don't think I'm doing, but - in fact, I've observed it a lot already.

oh well, the point is - I'm doing it, you're not I guess. That's all it boils down to.

I'll give you an example of the benefits of being on HC -------- the comparison in the two cultures in France of how race is treated - compared to the Voice

without seeing all of you babbling, I wouldn't get the depth of the difference in culture and attitudes. And that is one of my life experiences, looking at the differences in how people live, how their culture works, how they behave and how they think.

thank you for your part in it and the huge advantage of reading things like HC.

basically, you've told me that you'd love to be living in France (''Get a life.
    If I was living in France I wouldn't spend a second on this website.''

What you don't realise is 'why'

time for coffee,

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.