hmmm, oh I think a lot about the human experience friend....

1. 81,559 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    hmmm, oh I think a lot about the human experience friend. Lonely? no, not possible. Sad? well, yes - I've been sad for a long time when I got to know what humans are like.

It brings me great sadness to look at the artifacts that show where humans have come from and where we are.

2 million years roughly of growing, 200,000 years of development time for the latest model.

I've walked in the land where we lived as cro magnon lived not long back, I've walked in the land of where we've been for between 1 and 2 million years.

I walk and visit and live in a place where we've been for the modern era -------- and I see that, in reality there's more similarities than there are differences

I see that we still fight each other, we still steal territory and possessions. I see that we still build weapons, just bigger and more accurate.
    I see that we still don't get that as we kill remotely, that we are distant emotionally from the reality.

I see that on screen when we see a tank that is destroyed by a shell - that we don't think of the humans inside of it, we only think that the tank has been destroyed.

I see that the people who pull the trigger on an artillery piece that sends a projectile across the air and slams into a town and kills babies - that those people don't think of the babies before they pull the trigger - all they think of is a spot on a map

oblivious to the fact that kids are playing in the street or inside in their cots or beds.

Yes, I walk among the evidence of that and I read the history. I see the bullet holes in the walls still today -

and yes - that makes me very sad and very angry ------------- because, this is what we do. And I'm ashamed of that.

If the people who pulled that artillery trigger were sat down an hour later and you brought up to them the shattered body of a 1 or 2 year old child and placed it in their hands and said --------------- this is what the shell you fired did

they would still go to war next year --------------- and that makes me even sadder.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.