ASN 1.03% 9.8¢ anson resources limited

Why ASN ?

1. 2,267 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1504
    Much of what is being posted at the moment seems to revolve around a dick swinging contest. The reality is that someone who has invested $10,000 might be taking a bigger financial risk than a counterpart s/h that has invested $100,000, based on their economic situation. Does it really matter?. Bottom line - we're all here to make money.
    I wanted to enter the lithium space, and after mths of d/d, and also price weakness, decided on ASN. History shows that I should of held off on the initial purchase, but since then , I've accrued aggressively on weakness, and have become a huge fan . Here's why.
    NEGATIVES:
    It's no good being all starry eyed. I think ASN is still high risk. My major fears are as follows:
    1/ Resource. We're all expecting good results from the upcoming drilling program. It might not eventuate.
    2/ Dilution. Moving forward, and all going well, a c/r is essential, and there will be more to follow. The timing, scale, format and price will all be critical to the potential of ASNs' s/p.
    3/ Competition. The lithium market is the talk of the town , with projections on demand, price and supply. We're going to see a spike in the entry of miners. Some will survive, some won't. Of those that survive, some will flourish, others will just survive.

POSITIVES:
    1/ ASNs brines are unique. They are mineral rich, which I don't believe the market has tapped into yet. I think brine ponds are dead, and if u look at the number of firms out there at the moment offering alternatives to the evaporation process, and the speed at which it's developing, I'll be surprised if there's a brine pond around in 10 years. That might give pause for those that are holding in current producers. I have no doubt, they will convert. They'll have to, to remain cost competitive, and possibly for environmental reasons.
    2/ An expansion of the fact that ASNs' brines are unique in their mineral richness. Extraction tech methods are moving fast. If in the near future, they can't capitalise on all of the minerals at play, I'm sure that the BODs' eyes are on the future, and they'll be planning accordingly. I have no doubt that the pilot plant construction will have an eye on the future, and potential tech developments. I'll be very surprised if in the future, ASNs lithium production isn't a free carry.
    3/ This leads me to management. In all the years I've been investing on the ASX, I think Bruce is 1 of the most impressive cats I've struck. Not greedy. Seriously switched on. Very aware of dilution, and the impact on s/hs. I've been very impressed with flow of information, speed of application, and the relentless pursuit of co. growth, without radical reduction in s/h value. Many on here would argue that point, given that it got to 30 odd cents. I would argue that it was hype, but the future is bright.

I'm happy to hear counter views on ASN, but hope this thread, if it's carried, concentrates on positive fact, rather than speculative b/s. GLTA

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ASN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
9.8¢
Change
0.001(1.03%)
Mkt cap ! $126.6M
Open High Low Value Volume
10.0¢ 10.3¢ 9.4¢ $206.3K 2.115M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 17000 9.6¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
9.9¢ 140000 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 13/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ASN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.