And that's where you continue to get it wrong, Reaper. You are...

1. 2,352 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 325
    And that's where you continue to get it wrong, Reaper. You are basing your entire position around the belief that nothing that the Australian Cricket Captain says carries any weight with anybody, or means anything to anyone, or represents more than just the wafflings of some random person.

That is simply not correct. It is factually wrong, Reaper. Again, you completely overlook my example that should have made this clear to you. If you stood up (for example) in Hyde Park and declared those things about China (for example), people would just look at you and think what a loony, or 'the police will be here soon to move that idiot along'. If Pat Cummins (when he is the ACC) said it, it would become a diplomatic incident. This is fact, Reaper, even though it goes against your position, it is a fact. It would make the news on every channel, people would be in an uproar, the Government would be in damage control, Cricket Australia would go into meltdown. These are facts, Reaper. It means a lot more than you wish it did, I'm sure.

And, if Pat Cummins is asked another question requiring a political opinion as an answer, he will decline to answer it for this very reason. While not proof you are wrong, it will certainly lend significant weight to the opposing argument.

Regarding your bit about corporations, you are also incorrect. Just because someone is allowed to say something doesn't mean that they should be. If you hadn't misread my previous post you would have grasped my point by now.
    Last edited by Treefern: 01/02/24

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.