"When I hear of people spending massive amounts of time in...

1. 28,690 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 424
    "When I hear of people spending massive amounts of time in preparing it is usually to cover their deficiencies, eg poor memory and slow thinking."

Oh dear. What did you teach Malaga in the tafe system?
    Teachers can be plumbling teachers, dance teachers, remedial English teachers, Teaching English as a Second Language Teachers, Textile teachers, Home Economics teachers,
    and
    VCE English Literature teachers!!!! Or even VCE Economics teachers. I have known many of all these kinds of teachers. Never would I judge them as you have done in the sentence above. I note you have made no mention of the time spent in assessing and correcting a classroom's homework and classwork work. This takes time. I have made an estimate of how much in an earlier post and I stand by my comments. A conscientious teacher at senior levels, and even below, need to take many hours outside of the classroom to competently do the job for which they are employed. It is not these kinds of teachers who have "deficiencies". Those with large egos and poor work ethics are another story........

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.