As a husband to a teacher i must admit i thought they were a tad...

1. 6,437 Posts.
    As a husband to a teacher i must admit i thought they were a tad spoilt with 12 weeks holidays , short working hours and good pay .
    But after seeing how she is at the end of every day i take it back . Leaves home at 6.00 am every morning to prepare days lessons .
    Teaches at a difficult to staff school which has more than it's share of troublesome students . Has to handle every one of them with Kid Gloves as parents are well versed in complaints area . Has to contend with these children disrupting classes for those that actually want to learn - she teaches from year 1 to year 6 so the cross section is vast . Has had phones smashed , Ipads stolen , doors kicked in , windows smashed , accused of racism and accused of other such labels (all fabricated) - has been threatened and witnessed threats against others , even threats of rape against another teacher (in a primary school !) .

I think they earn every cent of it and deserve the generous holiday periods they get as mandatory recovery time . I think the system will rue or rues the day men became obsolete as teachers , the reasons for this are many but for the male teacher now has to traverse a virtual minefield to survive and in the end it's not worth it

Discipline no longer exists as it no longer exists in a lot of the students homes - they are all well versed in their own individual rights and have little in the way of respect for teachers and the education system itself

A very thankless job

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.