BKL 0.00% $94.73 blackmores limited

I was pretty close to selling this morning seeing the red $7...

1. 349 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 23
    I was pretty close to selling this morning seeing the red $7 loss. Since it was pretty close to $148, that was the price before quarterly came out. But somehow my brain was telling me: 'shouldn't you buy more when it goes down? the profit will eventually be realised anyway.'

I have been living with Buffett's philosophy - 'be fearful when market is greedy, be greedy when market is fearful'. It has so far helped me to buy low and sell high -although I've only invested for a year.

The AFR news that came out today, that BKL only secured less than 0.1% of IF market, came out like ages ago. It just old news. I suspect the author hates BKL for some reason (sometimes BAL included). Not sure if he's just manipulating the priced or not (or paid to do so).

With strong management and strong FCF(which most of them are paid out as dividends), just sit tight and enjoy the bumpy ride. At the end of the day, BKL is leader in vitamins. I don't see how BKL wouldn't enjoy the 'healthy boom' along with other companies.

When news reporters asked Marcus Blackmore about Blackmores' quality, he said : "You'll do things differently when your name in on the door, my dad has spent his life building the brand." That's also the reason why BKL haven't consider moving their operation overseas. Products made in AUS are seen as clean and trustworthy.

If 'June 1' changes of tax in China is true, we will see all the gains recover within a few days. But do remember there are a lot of hedge funds taking opportunities to short BKL, A2M and BAL. Within the first few minutes today when market opened, I could tell there were tons of stop losses being triggered.

If you're considering buying BKL for long term investment, DON'T EVER SET STOP LOSS! I just think it's a stupid thing to do.

Otherwise, good luck to you all. Everything above is just my amateur opinion. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BKL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.