Investment in things which we can sell to the rest of the world...

1. 846 Posts.
    Investment in things which we can sell to the rest of the world is what we want to promote.

The problem is if the RBA raise rates and create a large enough gap between our rates and those of other developed nations then that will place upward pressure on our dollar and make our stuff less competitive.

So they're focussing on people buying real estate and hurting mining companies, manufacturers, farmers, tourism etc. This can mean less jobs and most certainly means a worse balance of trade.

I would say the lesser of the two evils is housing. Housing prices were being reigned in anyway as the yields were too low, better returns to be made elsewhere. I know my wife and I have not bought a property this year because of pissy returns not because of fears of a rate rise.

Having held VRE, MRX, CTO, BGF and LHG through the AUS$ rise I saw the direct effect of the dollars rise. I know the RBA are not to blame for that but they won't help the situation by raising rates.

We need to stay pretty close to the rates of the US so that we do everything we can to keep the AUS$ down.

My advice to the RBA is to keep their minds on the greater good rather than being Sydney bankers.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.