BUD 0.00% 0.6¢ buddy technologies ltd

Why BUD is the best opportunity on the ASX

1. 2,216 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 957
    Dear BUD shareholders,

I have wanted to make this post for many weeks, however I had to finish loading up first....

Here is why BUD is the best opportunity on the ASX:

- Right now, BUD sits at merely $110m MC. WAY undervalued for most tech stocks. No premium has been attached to the massive upside of BUD because, I imagine, many holders are in the red or lost confidence after the failed deal last year. For the more astute holders, it is clear things have turned out significantly better than if the deal had in fact occurred (queue Ohm...)
    - Buddy has 3 sources of revenue (see Investor Presentation), but in short these are the main (1) Buddy platform, (2) Parse and (3) Buddy Ohm.

(1) The Buddy Platform
    - Currently, it appears we can expect approximately ~$4m revenue p.a from the primary platform (note for all valuation calculations I will be applying a general PE of 20, although note significantly larger valuations are often used for tech stocks). Hence from the primary platform alone we can value BUD at $80m MC or 8cps.

(2) Parse
    - Microsoft bought Parse for $85m US 5 years ago. BUD is now able to operate the system for free. Whilst I will attribute no present value to the Parse platform, it should be noted the opportunity for revenue (to begin from 2019) from the Parse platform will certainly be meaningful.

(3) Buddy Ohm ($$$$$$$$$$)
    - The upside with Ohm is boundless. How many buildings are there in the world?
    - A contract with a company such as Bunnings (Dave has confirmed they are in discussions with Bunnings) is worth over $6m in recurring revenue, or 12cps alone. Likewise a deal with an even larger corporation such as McDonalds would be worth ~24cps to BUD holders.
    - Ohm is a money printing machine: after initial installation it's essentially 100% profit for BUD with recurring revenue
    - I have a target of between 100-400 buildings come the Oct 1/4ly (to take us to ~20cps not including any premium the market may finally, and justly, attach)
    - I have a target of between 400-1000 buildings come the Jan 1/4ly (t0 take us to 30-40cps)
    - I believe revenue will grow exponentially as the word spreads and more clients sign up. The Ohm is a no-brainer for businesses and has an obvious and necessary societal role to fulfill in achieving global sustainability

Generally:
    - BUD provides an extremely flexible product (as reflected by the creation of Ohm)
    - Excellent management under Dave, who also holds ~16% of the company
    - Dave has expressed his desire to list on the NASDAQ one day.
    - Right place, right time - IOT boom to come and BUD as a one of a kind sector leader, should warrant a further premium
    - Impending newsflow: EOY report [due end July] - whilst it will not contain Ohm revenue figures, I believe Dave will update holders as to how it is progressing
    - Can be compared to other tech stocks - I always compare it to XPE - essentially both RTOd at the same time - whilst XPE went through a giant P&D followed by outrageous dilution (and ultimately achieving NOTHING), BUD has been slowly ticking the boxes and chipping away

Risks:
    - Competition emerges to beat Ohm (query whether that is possible in the manner that Ohm functions, given it runs on the Buddy platform)
    - Dave dies ()

Conclusions:
    - BUD is TOO BIG for the ASX...
    - I have a 18month target of ~$1ps or 4,000 unit sales from the Ohm (~$50m recurring revenue)
    - BUD is at least a Disallowed from here with the potential to be a 100 bagger+ (There is an end goal of 10K-100K buildings and an SP of $2.40-$24 for those who hang in there)
    - The Big Boys are ACCUMULATING

The shares I have bought are effectively off the register, as I intend to hold them for at least 5, potentially 10 years.

FOLLOW THE MONEY!

GLTAH to those who have been here since the POK days!

Shoutout to @thepylee and @showstring for hanging around after all of these years! I exited following the decline in SP but have been closely watching BUD, knowing one day Dave would deliver the goods! That time is NOW! [Hence continuing to retain his lovely head as an avatar]

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BUD (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.