CLB 0.00% $1.10 candy club holdings limited

Hi all,Thanks Art for all the numbers and the hype! :PI did have...

1. 53 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3
    Hi all,
    Thanks Art for all the numbers and the hype!
    I did have my eye on CLB about a month ago and then in the business of life they fell off my radar, apparently to my detriment. That said, I still don't believe that the bubble is yet too big to join, and I'll be putting an order in soon.

As a relative newcomer to the game I have a question regarding taxation that I can't seem to find a straight answer for. I am a small fish here, so my orders are not in the magnitude of most here (at least not most that disclose their purchase sizes, be they true or embellished), but I have learned enough that I am becoming comfortable with the idea of taking some positions that are very short term, but just long enough to cover brokerage and leave me enough left to increase my working cash.

I am a small business owner and understand my taxation obligations as such in that context, ie earn, spend, track, keep receipts, declare. In light of the fact that investment income occupies its own place on taxation forms, my question regarding the investment arena is this: How am I supposed to keep a record of profits made, and what is the equivalent of an invoice raised for a job completed in the trade world? ie, if I sell up on a position and profit, what record do I get and need to keep for taxation audit purposes?

Apologies if this is not the correct forum for such a question, but asking it in what was seemingly the right place seems to have fallen on deaf ears.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CLB (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.