I do not read many newspapers as I prefer to get a wider view...

1. 25,622 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 32
    I do not read many newspapers as I prefer to get a wider view from the internet.

When I was growing up the Age was an institution in our house and my mother was on fear of death if she dared throw it out until all members of the house had read it from front to back

I happened to pick it up yesterday while I was waiting for someone and it was a shock. It appeared to be advertising from front to back with no news, just a Labor Party advertisement, I know that sometimes reporters can allow their own views to colour their writing but this was far beyond that.

It was total propaganda.

For those who find it their paper of choice I suppose it is the old frog story in that it has changed slowly and the readers have not realized how bad it has become.

But may be they have, because if you look at their circulation and their share price someone has noticed.

It is obvious that someone is influencing the papers direction because it has gone far beyond a individual journalists bias

And these are the people who had the unmitigated gall to scream about one of their major investors Gina, wanting a board seat and that she may influence the papers direction.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.