Kincella, you are absolutely right. I never used Hotcopper until...

1. 249 Posts.
    Kincella, you are absolutely right. I never used Hotcopper until October. In fact, I've never used any investment forums to discuss about shares or properties until recently. I only started contributing as I resumed buying selected stocks of interest.

If you are observant, you will have noticed I never boasted about my gains in shares here or what I drive or live in. It's unncecessary, unproductive and downright childlish. I work not because I need to but because I enjoy working.

Since you brought it up, I sold some properties last November and invested in battered down materials, mining, I.T, biotech and certain type of finance sector shares. Many of these stocks were down 80-90% (some even more) from peaks in 2007/8.

My portfolio is up 250% + (already). You do your maths !

Just getting back to the last peak, my portfolio has to triple from last Friday's close. Do the maths again.

Had I held on to my properties, I may have gained 15%-20% up to now from the time I sold. But (given what I believe in and what you don't) I will be losing half of it in the next 2 years.

This is what I been saying about buying at the trough and selling at the peak.

I am not the pathetic pauper crying foul at high property prices that you make me out to be.

Having said that, I sincerely feel sorry for the casualties of the coming housing crash.

The dangerous "song sheet" is in fact the desperate last ditch propaganda barrage from the RE lobby and industry in anticipation of the titanic going down.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.