TLS 0.76% $3.92 telstra group limited

telstra have fibre optic cable,mainly for trunking and high...

1. 3,062 Posts.
    telstra have fibre optic cable,mainly for trunking and high volume locations,however in terms of exchanges most are little country exchanges with limited trunking access.

although i do not consider the nbn to be the most cost effective, it will certainly level the playing field from an access point of view.

access for the retail groups should create a far more competitive environment benefiting consumers on a bang for the buck basis.

i am a former tls employee and currently an optus and vodaphone customer,originally i migrated from TLS because of poor customer service,including fault clearance.

optus currently use fibre,the location of my home ,a unit,is within two aerial kilometres to the TLS exchange and hybrid coax or fibre trunking cable.

i have been an optus customer for i think 8 years,now in that period i have not experienced a fault of any description,the internet speed has been extraordinary allowing me to trade from home very effectively with 99.95%
    execution success,this is vitally important as i trade exclusively at market.

the point i am trying to get across is the enormous improvement fibre optics will provide to those in regional australia providing unprecedented reliability and accessibility the benefits to the community and particularly business should not be underestimated and might well create tremendous opportunity for commerce in regional australia or those areas close to major centres with poor communication access potentially removing the need to be in a cbd.

while you might argue the technical aspects of delivery
    hybrid/exclusive fibre, a level playing field where 93% of residents will have access to world class communications could well lead to a profound change in how we work and most importantly where we live and work,an environment where communication is effective at close to the speed of light rendering the tyranny of distance or constraints of
    a small unmanned exchange as immaterial.

no i dont like the cost, but having experienced something approximating a dedicated fibre network the future is exciting.

while i do not currently hold TLS i am always watching for an entry opportunity and believe TLS will have an ongoing place is Australian society,a leaner more competitive organisation in the future

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TLS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.92
Change
-0.030(0.76%)
Mkt cap ! $45.29B
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.92 $3.94 $3.90 $79.14M 20.19M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 11833 $3.91

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.92 408977 7
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 04/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
TLS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.