OMC omegacorp limited

Been a while since I posted but thought this is worthwhile. This...

1. 571 Posts.
    Been a while since I posted but thought this is worthwhile.

This is risky but I bought some OMC at 1.16 two days ago. I like them because:

- Denison who are bidding (cash 1.15) for them has been pretty unsuccessful in convincing the shareholders to hand over their shares - they have had to increase their bid from 1.10 to 1.15 and still only have about 31% of compamy with several extensions to the deadline.

- Two funds have increased holding to 25% of the company just two days ago at about 1.16 average. They obviously see value in blocking the bid.
    Scoping study late last year showed that the company would make $100m /yr over 6 years profit based on a U price at the time of $55/lb. U price now $95/lb and there's talk it will go to $140/lb.

- Take over price of 1.15 values the co at ~$175m - so obviously based on increased U price is way undervaluing the company.

- Scoping study was on their deposit in Zambia - very mining friendly country in Africa.

- Note that the deadline for the Denison bid ends at the end of next week 5.00pm Adelaide time (13/04/07). By law - unless there is another bid by another party - they can't increase their offer any further. That said, i personally think the bid has been holding the s/p back and they should be trading much higher. There are other U companies out there trading at much higher prices which don't even have a resource yet.

Anyway, thought those that don't know much about OMC might like to hear my thoughts.

Regards
    Summertime

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OMC (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.