APT 0.00% $66.47 afterpay limited

Oh no, I'm just breaking down your point, which - to be fair -...

1. 267 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 17
    Oh no, I'm just breaking down your point, which - to be fair - makes no sense.

Nobody could have anticipated how successful they [Facebook and Amazon] would be [a decade ago] - or whether they would even survive.

So I've pointed out that you've essentially written off any money that people have made from anticipating the huge growth in companies like Facebook and Amazon, as dumb luck. You weren't wrong. Nobody anticipated anything. It was purely dumb luck.

But then you backtrack.

Sorry to burst your bubble but the Covid lockdowns, the surge in online shopping and the NASDAQ trickle down effect are nothing more than dumb luck.

So now, apparently, you were only talking about the previous year with Covid, where Facebook has risen around 25% and Amazon around 51%. Not the past decade.

So could people have anticipated the massive growth (or survival) in companies like Facebook and Amazon in the past decade? Or is any growth that investors anticipated just dumb luck (no more, no less)? (Hell, I'd argue you could have pretty easily predicted Amazon in the 90s.)

Or do you need me to explain this clearer?
    Last edited by Saveferris1992: 26/01/21

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add APT (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.