I thought this piece from Bloomberg (definitely not a Trump's...

1. 1,268 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 22
    I thought this piece from Bloomberg (definitely not a Trump's friend) really summed up well the way we should view his win (best extracts only):

"Many liberals are telling themselves a story about Donald Trump’s victory that is depressing, frightening, self-congratulatory and not entirely true: that it represents the voters’ endorsement of racism, misogyny, ignorance and generally being a jerk.
    Trump may indeed represent those things. But he didn’t win the presidency because American voters were ratifying his worst elements....
    Voters did not like Trump, but voted for him anyway:
    - 60 percent of voters viewed him unfavorably, yet he got 15% of those voters to vote for him.
    - 63 percent of voters said they didn’t think he had the “temperament” to be president, he got 20% of those voters to support him.
    - 60 percent of voters said they didn’t think he was qualified to be president and yet 18 percent gave him their vote.

He also pulled 29 percent of the voters who said his treatment of women bothered them. People voted for Trump for all kinds of reasons.
    Many wanted to elect someone from outside the system and were voting for change in much the same way Barack Obama’s voters were in 2008. (In fact, many of Trump’s crucial working-class white voters had also voted for Obama, which undermines the racism explanation.). When exit polls asked what quality in a candidate matters most, a plurality of voters, 39 percent, said “can bring change. Trump captured 83 percent of those votes.

Liberals want to turn Trump’s victory into an endorsement of racism and misogyny. That’s a dumb strategy if you’re against those things. The liberal belief that half the country is made up of horrible people is a big reason Trump got elected, and the more Democrats keep repeating it, the more likely their worst fears are to come true."

Like I said in a previous post I don't believe the majority of the people who voted for him are dumb rednecks, but the thirst for change and anger against the status quo won the day and was inevitable (if not 2016 then 2020).

I am apprehensive about a Trump presidency, his view of the world and admiration of Putin is seriously scary, his rhetoric is exclusive instead of being inclusive, he could unleash a trade war which will hurt Australia, his tax cuts will only benefit the wealthiest of Americans, and his personality rigs of 'I know it all and my instincts are always right', but I suppose you have to be a little egocentric in politics and business.

However, because he is now the leader of the free world it is time for people to wish him a successful presidency. Not all his economic policies are outright stupid. America needs new infrastructure, America (and the rest of the western world) needs to listen to the concerns of those who have been left behind and fear a new world who is moving too fast for them, America should indeed protect the social security benefits for the less well off which the Republicans want to take away but Trump has promised to maintain, America has a right to ask questions of his allies and the reason why they take for granted the Pax Americana. But above all America now has a president who is neither a Democrat nor a true Republican, who knows he might indeed have to be pragmatic, like many have said let's judge him by his actions.

All the leftist, moderates and center right people like me need to stop whinging about what happened and wake the f&%$ up.
    A lot of people in the US need to get back home and find better ways to protest the results of this election, despite Trump's previous claims the election wasn't rigged (honestly how ironic now), and the American people made their choice, time to live with it.
    Last edited by bz847: 11/11/16

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.