ZIP 0.35% $1.44 zip co limited..

Why did Zip share price appreciate on news of SZL takeover?

1. 115 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 25
    In my opinion, retail investors made the price go up temporarily before it was sold down by shorters and exhausted retail buyers. Even institutions would've shorted this stock as per recent announcement of Bank of America form 603. It didn't go down nowhere enough as the potential acquiring company. That's my opinion for what its worth.
    They will soon give back those shares to the lender(s).

Zip's share price should've dropped because it would need to pay a premium for Sezzle and/or incur debt to finance the acquisition. Sezzle's share price appreciated by 10% because the shareholders usually agree to the deal if the purchase price exceeds their company's current value.

In this case, in this market, Sezzle shareholders and prospective shareholders would've jumped on the shares in hope for a premium takeover offer to the prevailing share price.

BNPL companies will not rise to the lofty heights ever again until they can prove to make substantial profits. With interest rate increases throughout 2022 I'm sorry to say that Zip will be hurt badly.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ZIP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.44
Change
0.005(0.35%)
Mkt cap ! $1.622B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.43 $1.45 $1.39 $11.99M 8.413M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
6 44494 $1.43

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.44 157139 12
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 19/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ZIP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.