why do athiests proselytize

1. 9,474 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 169
    PLEASE DO NOT READ ANY FURTHER IF YOU HAVE LOST A LOVED ONE RECENTLY.

Why do Athiests deem it necessary to proselytize? what is it about their life lived with absolutely no purpose whatsoever except to keep the evolution process going, that they feel the need to share it with others.

the majority of Christians and Jews and Muslims that i have met (and yes, i've met a few) are happy in their faith and seem content with their lot in life.

Then you get the Athiest, "what, don't preach that bible stuff to me, i know better, i'm going in the ground when i die to feed the worms and i won't be held accountable for anything i do, so keep your evil religion away from me."

i wouldn't mind, if it was a polite conversation, but they seem to take this self-righteous ground of "my science is better than your science, so shut up, you have no right to your opinion"

Hey, athiests, i really want to know, what do you tell your kids when trajedy strikes?

is it "Mummy's gone to heaven, or Don't worry kid, she was only a by-product of evolution and served her purpose when you were born.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.