MGX 3.45% 45.0¢ mount gibson iron limited

why do breakouts like today happen?, page-3

1. 8,720 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 81
    Acc, I think we would all like to understand how to answer that question. I know exactly how you feel though, my memory is etched with the memory of doing exactly what you've done about 6 months ago - on Aril 3rd to be exact. I thought the same thing after holding since the low 30's, waiting patiently for 3-4 months, and then one day deciding that the early day price was a peak for the day sold at 51.5, and not even 15 minutes later the price jumped to 60. I waited for it to come back down but it never did - I finally bought back in in the low 90's.

All I can say is something you hear a lot of on HC - the trend is your friend. Certainly protect yourself against losses, take partial profits, but leave something on the table until a turn in the trend has been confirmed. Better to take the final profit a little bit after the peak than anticipating the peak and finding out after that in fact the price still had a long way to go. These are all strategies employed precisely because we cant predict precisely what is going to happen or when. Far better to achieve 70-80% of target than shoot for 100% and get 0% or worse.

Since April 3rd I have not taken an entire position off the table in one hit like that - and had no cause for regret so far, whereas I will regret the day for a long time still to come.

So sorry I havent answered your question, but I know exactly where you're coming from and I'd like to know the answer too. Hopefully for your sake you get another buying opportunity - there will be ups and downs. Cheers, Sharks.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MGX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
45.0¢
Change
0.015(3.45%)
Mkt cap ! $537.5M
Open High Low Value Volume
43.5¢ 45.0¢ 43.5¢ $625.7K 1.406M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
9 146559 44.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
45.0¢ 338842 12
View Market Depth
Last trade - 14.55pm 05/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MGX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.