MGX 10.5% 38.5¢ mount gibson iron limited

Thanks Peteai and Sharks for attempting to answer this probably...

1. acc
    292 Posts.
    Thanks Peteai and Sharks for attempting to answer this probably unanswerable question.

Sharks, i think i might have been caught up in the April 3 breakout too. I've missed a few MGX breakouts through acting too soon too. Mind you, hindsight has also revealed that I've sometimes taken money off the table at the right time too. And I've also learnt to only take half profits when I'm uncertain about a SP movement. Well, not quite learnt it - yesterday was an uncharacteristically decisive move for me - bugger it, I thought, trust your instinct - when the SP seemed to be stalled I actually sold out of MGX in five lots over two days. And today, when it broke 135, I didn't buy back in because I've bought into a breakout too many times and had it collapse underneath me. Hindsight - isn't it great! - this time revealed that I could have bought back in at 135.5 and still made a good profit for the day.

And of course nothing happens for weeks then everything happens at once - Karoon, another of my recalcitrant stocks, was having a hissy fit at the same time as MGX climbed on a rocket and went through the ceiling.

Not one of my great days on the market. Thanks again for your commiserations. I know we've all been here at different times. It's called learning.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MGX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
38.5¢
Change
-0.045(10.5%)
Mkt cap ! $469.0M
Open High Low Value Volume
39.5¢ 40.0¢ 38.0¢ $2.666M 6.848M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
26 592377 38.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
39.0¢ 349688 9
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 17/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MGX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.