@Scott th Ratbag - lucky you having a lady who believes in happy...

1. 18,197 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 169
    @Scott th Ratbag - lucky you having a lady who believes in happy endings smile.png
    I watched 4 Corners last night and I can see a problem which won't go away, namely the steady migration from the Americas to take over America again . . . I see a kind of poetic justice in this displacement of the former 'displacers', (how many Indians did the settlers kill?), but the white working-class white bod cannot see beyond race - cannot see humanity as a whole, because they feel that somehow they are losing.
    Maybe they are, maybe there will soon be too many guests around the table everywhere - but we are all humanity and a lot of that movement has been caused by the intervention in other countries' affairs by the United States.

There is a deeply psychological aspect to this whole circus: but this is not the place to do an analysis - it is obvious to many, how damaged Trump is, was by his early upbringing and he seems to tap into the hearts of men (and women) who feel similarly damaged/rejected - maybe just by 'the system', but possibly early upbringing may have been similar - capitalism takes no prisoners - you either win or you go under the wheels.

There is a danger that he will fiddle with the American constitution - hopefully the democratic campaign focuses on that.

P.S. I do hope that we (and I mean the world in general) have developed enough compassion and commonsense to deal with the problems of human displacement and subsequent migration, which is happening for economic reasons, but also climate change plays its part already.

Apart from hope and trying to hang onto your own humanity within your country, there is little one can do, except to extract every ounce of happiness from the short stay we have on earth, and that goes for black, brown, brindle and white.
    Namaste! Scotty!
    Tau

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.