@pintohoo - great analysis - I didn't want to go there and...

1. 18,414 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 185
    @pintohoo - great analysis - I didn't want to go there and explore the AI route - it will happen - maybe we might - collectively - opt for a general wage for every human born on this planet? There is huge wealth around, but it is concentrated in the top 3 - 5 percent of humanity, this needs and will change. Will it happen without bloodshed? That's my worry!

I think it pays to check out what China is doing - but they have the advantage of a population which is disciplined and already used to 'commands from above' - used to totalitarianism, yet one cannot help admiring that Chinese governments have always got the welfare of their people in mind, even though a lot of the created wealth has been achieved by becoming the world's factory, and they are doing this very efficiently.

Yet the 'evil' of Western attitudes seems to be seeping into all corners of the world . . . . some of which, like the truly disgusting narcissism disguised as 'individualism' destroys people, creates dependencies on all kinds of nonsense including drugs, creates mental distress, loneliness - you name it - not everything 'from the West' is good - we need to remind ourselves of that; we need to tidy up our own house before criticising other 'ways of being'.

P.S. It is interesting to read your analysis of the French - I am just curious to see how their 'Assembly' is going to work, now consisting of two massive blocks, one artificially thrown together to combat the Right wing?! France and Europe have a massive problem with migrants, in particular to the cities, of people who seem unwilling to integrate. I believe Europe will have to legislate against Islam in some way. Rules is the only way to go to force assimilation - having said that, I am always amazed at the many good movie actors in French movies who were born in their former colonies in North Africa - the 'Maghreb'??

Enjoy your life over in Europe - I am supposed to take a trip this year to see friends and relatives in the U.K. Germany, Switzerland and Austria, have to do a fitness program every day, so I can manage this . . . still undecided, as I keep getting alarmist news as well.
    Take care
    Taurisk

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.