Why do the Trump supporters need to lie?, page-51

1. 45,984 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 642
    g'day Tau.....

it's easy to think of this as political as we get the same ideas here in Aus. and our history of White Aus policy shows how entrenched such attitudes were and remain part of our heritage.

I think it's an innate tribal sense of Other presenting Us with a threat of being 'diluted'. back in the 60s was the movement of the Melting Pot concept. I loved the idea. unify our differences to make them disappear as we include all cultural backgrounds into our community and our politics. it makes solid sense, even more today than it did in the 60s.

we are all human after all. and cultural/skin tone differences fade to nothing when we simply take each person as an individual with all the same rights as everyone else. but party politics rejects equality and inclusion as they thrive on division and separate right from left, white from black or any other skin tone. religion from other religions.

yes the psychology goes deeper than what I've described and as such the party system is reprehensible and should be abolished. my hope is future elections will eventually remove this obscene division from our community. I don't have such a hope for US tho where party politics is central to their way of thinking about politics.

our humanity isn't under threat imho. its only the far right that are aiming to limit consideration of humanity as a whole. we all have examples of first Aussies, migrants, and we non-Aboriginals are all migrants into this beautiful land, who are just the same as we are. there really is no difference. yet even the housing crisis and cost of living are used as weapons against people wanting to come to Aus. its all just stupid party politics.

thanks for stimulating my brain Tau. every time you post you awaken ideas and beliefs in me that lie dormant in our Hot Cu world.

I hope you day is going well. Scott.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.