why do we chop down trees to wipe our bottoms?, page-21

1. 12,085 Posts.
    butcherboy
    You got me thinking. Was at Woolworth's and decided to invest 10 minutes in the TT aisle. I'm going to give "Naturale" a go. 100% recycled office paper, 100% biodegradable and treated in a chlorine free process. Company claims that since 2008 they have planted 4,000 trees, have 6 hectares for conservation and help the endangered Cassowary. They say they use light weight plastic for packaging for strength during transportation and to reduce landfill. The plastic is a Grade 4 recyclable. Albeit, I did go 'slightly ungreen'. The printed version with a green frog looked sturdier. Probably just an illusion. It's a 2 ply. The ply shouldn't matter, it's a question of how thick is each ply.
    Quilton had a recycled version but it's 3 ply and ONLY the middle layer is recycled. Another brand Safe was in a paper wrapping. I couldn't see the product for assessment so didn't choose it. That's it for Woolies.
    Will let you know what my bottom thinks but most of all, is it efficient. Without getting too personal, how much is an acceptable amount, how many squares for a 'high fibre' deposit clean up?

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.