GXY 0.00% $5.28 galaxy resources limited

I also agree Salty as i feel demand will mushroom.Imo we should...

1. 616 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 51
    I also agree Salty as i feel demand will mushroom.

Imo we should look to sell sdv only and keep our other core assets.Stick to high quality L production and get a premium for our product.An extra $1000 a ton will make a significant difference to our bottom line.
    Battery makers want a quality product as it is cheaper to process and makes a higher quality battery which may mean the difference in higher sales of end product.i.e further km's without charge or just a longer life on a phone.

This is from the Europacific report on Lithium August 13

Brine production has the benefit of having a low cost for the production of lithium concentrate, but unfortunately the pro
    -
    duction cycle is long. Hard-rock mining has a significantly faster production cycle, although cost of lithium concentrate is
    higher (15–30%). It should be noted, however, that historical records and company data suggest that the lithium carbon
    -
    ate and hydroxide produced from the hydrometallurgical plants in South America that use lithium concentrate from brines
    as feedstock are of “economic” grade and are usually used as the feed material for the production of higher-quality lithium
    carbonate. Therefore, we argue that although the overall production cost of hard-rock producers is higher, existing and
    new producers maybe able to offer the market a higher quality product at a higher price.

If demand for wireless devices continues to grow, particularly in the emerging markets, and the HEV adoption targets
    set by various countries in the developed world is achievable, a 5.0% average growth rate for lithium demand would be actu
    -
    ally somewhat modest. Our forecast does not include demand growth for new lithium uses.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GXY (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.