GXY 0.00% $5.28 galaxy resources limited

Given the sp toppling down from 8c placement, a case of minority...

1. 86 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 5
    Given the sp toppling down from 8c placement, a case of minority shareholder oppression is getting stronger. From transcript made available in this forum about Anthony Tse's presentation, my impression is there is some level of assurance that the co does not need to raise more fund in foreseeable near future. It may be wise lodging a complaint to ASIC using Corp Law's minority shareholder protection.

It is also advisable to request via ASX more disclosure from company citing company's share price drop more than mining industry avg. ASX should request information about who is selling to the extent that it has been disclosed and made available to the management of GXY. Certain CB holders, including Geely's major sharholder Li Shufu, may potentially stand to benefit the most if current minority shareholder being diluted away and he in turn secures significant shareholding through further subscription or acquisition of shares in the open market or secure future supply of hardrock lithium for the manufacturing of eCar in the future. My question is what steps have the directors of GXY carried out to discharge their responsibility under Corporations Act that avoids oppression of minority shareholders.

Under s232 of Corporations Act, ASIC can prosecute under civil court for shareholder oppression, which is much easier than a criminal case in terms of burden of proof.

Some of the forum contributor thinks that the liquidation value of the company is worth more than current market cap. If ASIC successfully prosecutes, the company may be put under liquidation. As long as the administrator or liquidator's cost is lower than current management's, then shareholder is in win-win situation.

Given the strategic supply WA has on spodumene supply to China and China's effective control of Rockwood and hence Talison, which some article reports to be 1/3 of world's supply, an investigation should be made by Aust government whether the pattern of terms of supply of hardrock spodumene unduly depress the short term viability of Galaxy, which can be manipulated to harm the minority shareholder of GXY. Before Barnaby Joyce decides that this is worth his time, which I think he should have more after not going to Indonesia, can some experts in the forum shed some more light on this or give Barnaby a call if he is in his constituency? The underlying assumption here is hardrock lithium is crucial in the making of vehicle grade Li battery which GXY has invested using capital raised and has promoted in this idea in GXY's public information. Can somebody verify whether this is true?

Piecing all this information together is hardwork. If each of us contributes a little to help out the minority shareholder of GXY, we are doing some nice things to defend our rights, aren't we?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GXY (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.