CVI 0.00% 0.3¢ cvi energy corporation limited

why do we have brains...

1. 15,276 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 45
    For those wondering...

The threads have become over weighted towards CVI posts...but most of them are in my view representative of happy holders and informative opinion.

Or at least it has been until recently.

We now seem to have a whole band of negativity arriving on the back of numerous "comparative" posts to various less than successful stocks, which have also been popular on the threads from time to time.

The common denominator seems to be for these negative posters to offer nothing in the way of substance...and everything in the way of angst.

A particular focus might be to comment on the number of useless posts, which actually becomes self prophesising to some extent, due to the flood of their own "useless posts".

It is a pattern we see from time to time...and always when a stock has risen a considerable way in a short period.

Predominantly, the culprits are "players"...the type of traders who live on generating volatility, or at least increasing the levels of volatility in the stocks they target. One of the ways they do this is to mess with peoples heads.

Being popular on HC is no reflection what so ever on the quality of a stock, or likelihood it will or will not continue to rise…or fall!

Look at OXR, HDR, NDO, ARE, INP, RMS, KSX, MPO...the list goes on. Being popular is symptomatic of a rising price...it is not the other way around!

Sometimes I really think some people need to consider how they form the views they do. There are many here posting stuff they clearly do not believe themselves, but they continue to do so as part of a wider "dumbing down" of the market.

Their aim is to proliferate the dweeb state…then live off it!

Try not to be a dweeb and fall for everything you read from annonymous posters, much of which can be pure unadulterated aganda at its best and often very hard to distinguish from fact or fiction.

In light of this, using HotCopper as any sort of measure of a stocks capacity to perform is, well...lol...give me a break.

In fact, in my view it is only to be expected that a rising stock, especially from such low levels, will typically gain a significant and mostly exuberant following…and interestingly, most of the "useless posts" that eventually infiltrate such threads only really start once the non-genuine posters flood in.

lol...and these are the very people complaining the loudest about such posting patterns in the first place!

Do not fall for their tricks by responding and do not believe everything you read!

On this subject by the way...I really must say the embarrassing reliance of some on using places like HotCopper as some kind of market measure of a stock as a reason to buy or sell, really is just too plain dumb to consider responding to...and more than anything I guess, does little more than highlight their complete and utter lack of market knowledge, or indeed capacity to actually understand how the markets work.

It also opens them up to a falsified example of what they are using as a measure in the first place...we all know of the culture of multi-nic posting and capacity some people have to give an apparent "popularity" to any given stock. If falsely manufactured in the first place...does this mean we should avoid it...or...being false, assuming the company is not behind it, should we even take notice…should we buy it instead?

If we never read a post here at HotCopper, would it change our views on holding on, or indeed selling a stock?

Using forums for anything more than a social outlet, or at best a heads up for conducting our own research on a stock, really is foolish!

Seriously, take that idea to bed with you...and remember, when money is involved, most people will sell their grandmothers to make money, let alone be prepared to spend considerable time psoting on a stock they are not interested in purely to “save the newbies”.

Lol

Sure, stocks get pumped (and dumped) on HC all the time...but these are organised affairs that succeed only due to boiler room antics and associated high volume churn...and you never EVER get the same level of commitment from management on the development front, nor indeed real goals being met...and you never ever get a daily updated top-20 register.

The latter above all else, shows all and sundry there are no games being played with the sorts of large sums needed to be "churned" to make such scams worth while! Management are telling us it is all above board!

So, with the larger holders (those above 2m shares), not playing games without giving up their ploy...and management opting for options in the company rather than wages...it would appear that any benefit to be had from a short-term "scam" would not be going to management.

If not, it becomes difficult to understand their proactive stance on the development and indeed communication front...does it not?

Clearly therefore, this is not a scam, regardless of the level of interest on the forums, or indeed the protestations of the mostly less than genuine gutter brigade who seems to revel in destroying the usefulness of threads such as CVI.

We were one of the top discussed stocks back at 8c…10c…15c…18.c…why the sudden “concern” of this fact at 30c…just before the options record date?

Lol…agenda, agenda everywhere.

Anyway, if people can't tell the difference between a scam and a genuine attempt to make a go of it...then I suggest they should leave the markets immediately, seriously, as they are likely to lose everything.

I respectfully ask everyone to look over the threads of any stock that has made considerable gains in recent years...and held on to them...especially from low levels, and you will find an equally "exuberant" following of posters along the way on the forums.

The problem however, for onlookers not familiar with the way things work on forums such as this, is that scams attract a similar following to decent stocks which run which, from the view of an outsider perhaps not up to speed with the company's activities, might be hard to distinguish between.

If you have doubts about a stock...any doubts at all...then wait until the story becomes more obvious.

It is a fairly obvious approach actually.

But just as the more risk tolerant investors should not deride those with a more conservative view, so too the risk averse investor should not denigrate those prepared to take on the risks typical of an earlier entry.

I feel it is the latter poster which upsets most on forums like HotCopper, which after all, are predominantly focused on speculative stocks!

I fear some of the more conservative types simply get angry when some of the so called “dog stocks” actually do better than their own more secure stock positions...not realising of course that many of their own stocks started out as "dog stocks" to start with.

Each to their own, without concern for what others do...or why…and we will all be happy!

I am happy to admit my approach is perhaps a more aggressive one, where a story is recognised and followed early...sometimes so early it is difficult to determine exactly what is going on. In time however, as the story becomes more obvious to everyone, more and more are prepared to take a small position, increasing perhaps with each tick of the box.

Whilst some, like me, go in all guns blazing at the first sniff of "value transition"...others will prefer to wait for absolutely everything to be 100% obvious (and confirmed), before making their first purchase.

Neither approach is wrong...just different!

However...none of this has the slightest bit to do with what is posted on any forum.

So, I guess...

If you think the directors of CVI, in taking an options package over a wages package is indicative of a scam; or you think their ground position in Angola as a first mover with a pending drilling campaign at Catabola is make believe; or that the entire Cameroon exercise is a farce; or indeed that they are only pretending to be interested in an Oil Concession at the Niger Delta, or Kwanza Basin, or Bakassi...well than I guess you better listen to the HotCopper measure of quality and avoid the stock.

Frankly, there is absolutely no need for anyone to listen to my rantings...I am after all just another poster posting an opinion that you do not need to agree with. I do however dislike the obvious attempts from time to time by certain posters to manipulate threads such CVI's, with les than genuine offerings, or simply unsubstantiated rubbish in an attempt to play with peoples heads.

Opinions are always welcome...regardless of what line they take…but when they come with agenda and less than genuine intent, they are not.

Sadly, we have far too much of the latter these days in my view.

I really do wish ASIC and the ASX would hurry up and start checking the identities of some of those posting here...and acting on it...as I suspect there would more than a few who should not be here, or indeed are part of "bolier room" group activities.

Think for yourself, that’s why we have brains!

Cheers!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CVI (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.