TLS 0.28% $3.62 telstra group limited

It confuses me a lot about this 10B figure if this is purely the...

1. 430 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 46
    It confuses me a lot about this 10B figure if this is purely the copper network or a combination of both copper and fibre and if it is, it surely be worth more than that because Telstra's fibre network runs remotely from small towns in the bushland interconnecting small towns cities and capital cities all around Australia with a great deal of diversities.

This backbone national fibre networks has been built for years with upgrade every now and then and is up to date with current technologies.

Now if this NBN goes ahead surely they need Telstra's national fibre networks or if not they will build exactly the same which will take many years to complete and up and running at full capacity before they can even start running fibres to the houses.

So for arguments sake if this 10B figure is only for copper networks and NBN will build their own national fibre network
    and Telstra not allowed to compete, what will happen to Telstra's fibre network surely they cannot just turn it off and abandon this massive structure which I think cost more than double than the copper network? imho.

cheers
    trans

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TLS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.62
Change
0.010(0.28%)
Mkt cap ! $41.82B
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.64 $3.65 $3.62 $65.42M 18.02M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
18 1092958 $3.62

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.63 167188 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
TLS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.