TPW 1.86% $9.52 temple & webster group ltd

Why do you hold TPW?

1. 1,459 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 542
    Hi all,

Disclaimer: I'm not starting this thread for everyone to tell me what to do and get DYOR responses...I have been around long enough to know what to do. However, I always enjoy reading other people opinions about why they hold certain companies and not others, in the same industry. So this thread is meant to discuss why you hold TPW over other online retailers, and maybe give some nuggets of gold information to non-holders like myself looking at sectors outside their business-as-usual holdings (which for me is healthcare, tech and non-bank financials). So in brief, enjoy the topic and don't be a d*ick wink.png

I'm looking at expanding my holdings in to retail, which is a bit of a post-Covid recovery play. Given TPW is purely online I'm not sure if it will benefit as much as those who have both online and physical stores.

I read a great post in The Aus from a Regal Funds manager Todd Guyot who recommended this company as he expected the online growth seen by Covid will continue even post Covid. I think this post was copied in to another thread.

Rather than sifting through multiple companies reports over many weekends, I have a sub with Simple Wall St as (whether you like the website or not) this does make comparisons quite easy. I don't really care about valuations, as Simply Wall St has my largest holding CSL at circa $180 - so who cares about that...but the EPS growth, debt levels etc, are all taken from reports. So this data is useful.

Looking at TPW compared to others, it is quite expensive at a PE level, but it has the growth to back it up. Zero debt (awesome) and very handsome cash reserves.

My only concern is that TPW is a one-trick pony in that is just sells homeware. No tech, no insurance, no teles etc like for example Kogan. It does sell minor appliances, but if I want a fridge, I'm going to the Good Guys, not TPW.

I've screen shotted my Simply Wall St info to at least contribute something to people here.

Thanks in advance.

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/2649/2649747-ed26f2a82be1c28e3ffd9b505298bd42.jpg

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TPW (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.