APT 0.00% $66.47 afterpay limited

Sureone time credit cards are a proven way to increase the...

1. 219 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 110
    Sure
    one time credit cards are a proven way to increase the security on websites for online shopping but also to minimise credit card fraud.
    ive worked in IT sales for years 15 to be precise, many of those in leading it security vendors that sell solutions to minimise credit card fraud, such as adaptive authentication solutions rules compulsory by govts , web application and database firewalls, activity monitoring to prevent database attacks through websites, and also to identify and prevent malicious website attacks such as DDoS attacks. Banks identify there is a significant reduction in identify theft and online credit card fraud when a one time credit card is used.
    afterpay doesn't offer one time credit cards.
    zip and quadpay do. They do this to offer consumers a much improved and flexible shopping experience where the consumer doesn't have to think oh can I use my afterpay here.... Instead they can use their zip anywhere. But also for the merchant, the merchant gets piece of mind that they as the merchant are far less likely to loose revenue due to online credit card fraud with a one time credit card than using something like afterpay.

to be even more specific, when an individual reports their card details stolen and used for online shopping fraud, the bank will actually approach the merchant. If the merchant has got poor it security in place, which they often do the cost of the online fraud is paid by the merchant, because the bank gets their money back to pay the consumer, and the merchant is then tasked to retrieve those stolen goods from the fraudulent person
    one time credit cards significantly if not completely eliminated the risk of this

so in summary. One time credit cards are far more secure for any form of online shopping than using a credit card, a debit card, or a bnpl solution. A one time credit card can only be used once, just like a one time password. After that use it expires.
    zip and quadpay offer this one time credit card. Afterpay do not

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add APT (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.