Webral,Maybe you could put all your data you want onto a...

1. 249 Posts.
    Webral,

Maybe you could put all your data you want onto a flashdrive or onto a external HDD and save yourself the heartache and get a new computer. Although without knowing your financial position I dont know if this in an option to you.

There is a place called MSY in melb and I am aware they have a couple of stores in WA. I have built all my computers there for the past 5 years or so and never had a problem. Website is msy.com.au. They are far cheaper than Harvey Norman and Dell. My latest computer for instance has never crashed and I havent turned the computer off for a few months now and it acts the same as if I just turned it on.

Anyway if this is an option then I can give you my email and you can email me your budget and what you want from the computer and I can list the things you need to get for them to build for you.

Also if I were you I would go to win7(I recommend Ultimate 32bit) because Vista is just disgusting and full of problems.

Thats an idea for you anyway if you want to go down that path.

asxstocktrader - Thats just the amount of RAM your OS is able to use. Some games and programs will use all your RAM. That is my understanding at least.

swift.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.