IWG 0.00% 4.0¢ iwebgate limited

malmanu->"If all you do is post on IWG then you fit the profile...

1. 199 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 112
    malmanu->"If all you do is post on IWG then you fit the profile of a disgruntled employee who was turfed out imo."

Oh don't you start! We have been through this many times. People have various justifications for posting, and I have made mine. Take them or leave them, I really do not care.

country bob->"H? What's the deal"

How ironic that you ask that country bob, and throwtheslider pops back up to sling a bit more mud in my direction, when both of you are among the contributors who also only ever post on the IWG forum! So it is OK to only post on one company when you are positive on them, but if you are negative on them there must be some ulterior motive? I really must brush up on the HC rules.

IWG are by far the dullest of the companies I follow. They never announce new products, or contract wins, or IP innovations, or anything else interesting. They just recycle the same old stuff which has failed to sell for 12 years now, and stagger from one fund raising to the next, watering down their stock.

And yet, I have learned a great deal from following them. Not about technology, but about investing and investors, the gullibility of some people and organisations, the way people who have no clue about what they are investing in just throw their money away because they read a glossy brochure, the way some people will just believe anything anyone says, and the way they will continue to believe such stories because once they are invested they do not have whatever it takes to break that belief despite what common sense says is perfectly obvious. I have learnt how the money raising game works in practice, from the reverse IPO, through the capital raising rounds, down to the loan notes and vulture funding. I have seen how speculators will pump a company full of hot air then dump it and take the cash, I have seen the true value of those analyst share price forecasts, I have seen the way shorting together with spiking and bid support can generate the flows of shares which result in excellent profits for those who know how to play the game. Most of all I have seen how easy it is to lose money if you are gullible enough to drop it into a company like this one, which is both playing its share holders, and in turn being played by others, because at the end of the day it is the innocent investor at the end of the line who stands to take the fall and it is the speculators, the vultures and the company board who end up lining their pockets. I will not be that innocent investor and I no longer have any sympathy for those who lose their shirt. I have learnt that the lessons are plain to see, if you look for them.

I also follow other companies (not on the ASX) with a much more positive slant and real money invested. I have learnt similar sorts of lessons, only from the opposite perspective, but it is this one, IWG, which has taught me the most.

P.S. Sorry for the rant.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IWG (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.