why doesn't abbott sue?, page-38

1. 8,527 Posts.
    Ms Stone neglects to inform us that recent surveys of consumers, with regard to various foodstuffs they like/buy - show that the public are no longer buying canned fruit, at least not to the extent that they used to.

There must be statistics somewhere, or evidence of this result. Sorry, I forget where I heard of it. Personally, we still buy canned fruit. As our parents did - in times when meals (desserts) were simpler. And we're happy to pay more, for better quality. Which SPC certainly offer.

Public trends and preferences, and the relevant changes in buying and related cooking and recipe habits, must surely have some bearing on what is happening here.

A very difficult situation - and sadly - it sets a precedent - and broaches a very difficult question - is it the province of Government to prop up various struggling businesses, with taxpayer funds? For if they do this here - it could open the floodgates - even farmers, et al - demanding financial support?

The role of Coca Cola, still hugely rich, seems to be being played down, at least by a few I've spoken to about this, today. Sad political games are now controlling this situation. Coca Cola must have their head office fingers tightly crossed - that they don't have to fork out!

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.