IMU 1.82% 5.6¢ imugene limited

Exactly shares on issue mean nothing. If I had sufficient funds...

1. 9,820 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 25974
    Exactly shares on issue mean nothing.

If I had sufficient funds to buy 1% of Imugene I would own 1% whether I get one share or 40 million shares.

According to the ASX 20 minute delay the current market cap is $411.5 million. If the market cap increases to 1 billion dollars I will still hold 1% of Imugene whether that 1% entitled me to one share or 40 million shares when I bought in. My pay out in a takeover would be 1% of 1 billion dollars or 100 billion dollars no more no less.

Shares on issue is a complete furphy the only downside is it costs a company more to maintain a large share register with thousands of shareholders than it does one with a hundred shareholders.

In a takeover the act of taking over the company removes all the shareholders so it means nothing as you said whether the company has many or just a handful of shareholders.

Add to this that the person some love to hate has consistently said that the Board has discussed the question and sees no reason to consider a consolidation recognising that it has its downside this will remain a non issue not even really worth discussion until the Board decides otherwise.

The sensible time to discuss this would be when the share price is flying and a transfer to the Nasdaq is on foot.

My opinion only DYOR

Fact Finder

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IMU (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.6¢
Change
0.001(1.82%)
Mkt cap ! $411.5M
Open High Low Value Volume
5.5¢ 5.7¢ 5.3¢ $731.7K 13.32M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 580359 5.6¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.7¢ 686331 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 18/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
IMU (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.