JLG 1.42% $5.70 johns lyng group limited

Don't worry, I only became aware of JLG last year when I...

1. 10,485 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1388
    Don't worry, I only became aware of JLG last year when I researched a few smaller companies.

One aspect of its investments I omitted to mention in reply to Bruiserh89 is how it is gradually purchasing strata title/body corporate administration companies that have blocks of flats/apartments under management, especially in Greater Sydney and Greater Melbourne.

Typically, JLG likes the founders to remain actively involved. This seems to an outsider like me an excellent business model, especially if the founders purchase some JLG and so have direct, continuing 'skin in the game'.

Bruiserh89, as I briefly implied above, also have a squiz at SDF - Steadfast Insurance - that has been listed on the ASX since 2013. Again, showing my ignorance, I only knew of it after reading the 'top 20' JLG holders' list (always at the back of any ASX-listed company's annual report). SDF owns c. five per cent of JLG, with SDF recently having a most successful placement and accompanying share purchase plan, the latter raising way more than SDF originally said it would. (SDF is as I understand it mostly an intermediary, providing insurance brokers with quality software as one of its many facets).

JLG and SDF have tiny numbers of shareholders compared to say woke BHP, or successful WOW and new offshoot EDV. Obviously many brokers and jouranlists 'in the know' love to keep the existence of entities like JLG/SDF a secret as neither seem to receive much publicity, yet they have records of achievement.
    Last edited by Hopeful9: 07/10/21

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add JLG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$5.70
Change
0.080(1.42%)
Mkt cap ! $1.585B
Open High Low Value Volume
$5.65 $5.76 $5.63 $4.632M 811.2K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 286 $5.70

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$5.71 4508 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
JLG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.